molbox1+ Flow Terminal
The new molbox1+ flow terminal from Fluke Calibration represents a significant update to the molbloc/molbox gas flow calibration system. molbox1+ combined with molbloc flow elements enables you to achieve the lowest uncertainty available for gas flow meter calibration and controller calibrations. A special configuration, molbox1+S, allows you to use molbloc-S sonic nozzle flow elements at higher pressures than were previously possible, greatly extending their usable flow range.
A molbloc/molbox1+ gas flow calibration system is the ideal solution for gas flow meter calibration, as well as for calibrating thermal mass flow controllers (MFCs), rotameters, turbine meters, bubble meters, and other flow measurement devices. With real-time measurements, no moving parts and supported by traceable calibration in several different gases and operating pressures, molbloc/molbox can handle virtually any calibration application without compromise. molbloc/molbox systems are widely used in many industries, including pharmaceuticals, semiconductors, aerospace, environmental monitoring, energy production, reference gas blending, and research and standards laboratories.
Already own a molbloc/molbox flow system? Upgrading to the newest capabilities is easy and economical.
UNPARALLELED UNCERTAINTY SPECIFICATIONS
molbox1+ innovations enable the molbloc/ molbox1+ system to achieve the lowest gas flow measurement uncertainties in the industry. The lower uncertainty is made possible by several key improvements, including:
- Use of Fluke Calibration's exclusive quartz reference pressure transducer (Q-RPT) technology to precisely measure both absolute and differential pressure. molbox1+ Q-RPTs are specially characterized sensors benefitting from the same technology used in Fluke Calibration’s pressure transfer standards.
- Premium molbloc calibrations linearize molbloc flow output to better capitalize on existing precision and repeatability.
- Expanded molbloc modelization enables improved performance of molbloc-L laminar flow elements across their range of operating pressures.
- Reduced uncertainty on gas properties utilizing data from NIST Reference Fluid Thermodynamic and Transport Properties Database (REFPROP).
- Continued improvements in Fluke Calibration’s molbloc calibration chain, based on fundamental massand time-based mass flow measurements using Fluke Calibration’s own dynamic Gravimetric Flow Standard.
Two levels of molbloc flow element calibration are now available to let you balance uncertainty and cost:
- Premium: ± 0.125 % of reading flow measurement uncertainty (with molbox1+)
- Standard: ± 0.2 % of reading flow measurement uncertainty (with molbox1 or molbox1+)
New molblocs are eligible for either calibration type. Existing molblocs are compatible with molbox1+ at ± 0.2 % of reading uncertainty with no changes required. See below for details on upgrade service to existing molblocs to allow premium calibration and measurement specifications.
The molbloc/molbox system has stood the test of time for flow meter calibration since the early 1990’s, used in many demanding calibration laboratories, intercomparisons and government organizations worldwide. Fluke Calibration’s uncertainty specifications are conservative and backed by a thorough uncertainty analysis and metrology support. Fluke Calibration’s innovation and design is continually aimed at making sure our products deliver specifications that can be realized by the user, not under best case conditions but in your real-world application.
molbox1+S sonic nozzle calibration device expands rangeability—without vacuum pumps molbox1+S is a special configuration of molbox 1+ that enables you to cover a wide range (10:1 range turndown) with molbloc-S sonic nozzle flow elements, without requiring costly vacuum pumps. molbox1+S sonic nozzle calibration device is available with upstream Q-RPT pressure range up to 2 MPa (300 psia) to allow molbloc-S elements to be conveniently used over a wide flow range upstream of flow meters being tested at atmospheric pressure, a common application. This extra rangeability makes it simple to configure a calibration system using fewer molbloc elements and minimal accessories. It also greatly extends the range of your existing molbloc-S elements when a high pressure molbloc calibration is added.