Comtest Training, Seminars & Workshops
Click on the Training, Seminars or Workshops title for more information regarding date, time and location.
Snell Level 1 - Thermographic Applications - Online
Properly trained and qualified IR technicians to provide companies with a greater return on their investment and, more importantly, avoid the liability associated with unqualified work. For service/inspection companies, taking an infrared training course from The Snell Group will allow you to quickly grasp important concepts, camera operation and inspection techniques that will allow you to deliver high-quality infrared inspections to your customers.
A 32-hour online course covering the theory and applications of infrared thermography in the preventive maintenance, quality assurance, condition monitoring, and nondestructive testing of materials fields. This class focuses on qualitative thermography and how to collect data and follow proven and published inspection procedures. Upon completion, students will be able to capture clear thermograms and make basic inferences and diagnosis.
Level 1 material includes infrared theory, heat transfer concepts, operation of thermal imaging equipment, and specific recommendations on how to make quality thermal images that are clear, concise, and easy to interpret. There are several hands-on simulations and exercises built into the training. Finishing this course prepares students for the basic inspection techniques based on accepted industry and international inspection procedures.
This course fully meets the educational requirements for certification in accordance with Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A, as defined by the American Society for Nondestructive Testing.
Topics covered include:
- Electrical distribution systems
- Mechanical systems
- Steam systems
- Underground piping
- Active thermography
- Building envelopes
- Low-slope roofs
- Nondestructive testing of materials
While owning an infrared camera is not necessarily required to participate, those who wish to complete the class in its entirety should have access to one.
What are the minimum system requirements for taking this online course in Litmos?
- A Broadband Internet connection
- Web browser:
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Firefox 2+
- Safari on Mac 1.2+
- Google Chrome
- Flash Player 9+
Cost: R28 993,50ex VAT
Benefits of Online Training
- Convenience - Learn when you want and from where you want
- Flexibility - Learn at your own pace, stopping and reviewing as often as needed
- Time Savings - Less time away from work
- Money Savings - Save on travel costs like airfare and hotel
- Accessibility - No waiting for the next available course in a specific location
- Ease of Use - All you have to do to gain industry-leading knowledge is to register, create a log-in and password, and begin to learn
Curriculum & Instructors
Our curriculum is designed and overseen by ASNT Level 3 NDT and PdM Certificate Holders. All instructors have years of field experience as well as instructional backgrounds and have been certified in the Snell Methodology of Instruction. This assures the viewer the highest quality instruction and educational content.
The video-based course is divided up into sections including lectures, hands-on infrared demonstrations and experiments, and field assignments. Each module is a building block that allows the viewer to build their knowledge in a progressive sequence. Quizzes, supplemental materials, and exercises reinforce important learning concepts. You can start and stop each module whenever you want to, and go back to any and all modules at any time to watch again.
Instructor Support & Interaction
You will receive 1,5 hours of local support when you enrolled. If you need additional help with the course material or have specific questions about your thermal imager, we have conveniently set up a private section in our Snell Community to ask questions and interface with our instructors and other students. You may also receive support privately by e-mail.
You Will Receive
- A token key for login
- Full support for any questions you have during each step of your educational learning process
- A digital student reference manual
- Supplemental printable materials in the user interface
- Self-directed experiments and field-work to enhance your learning experience and give you practical experience to gain confidence
- Quizzes throughout the course
- Course examination
- Certificate upon successful completion of the course and examination