Technical readss from Comtest
Diagnostic Videoscopes enable maintenance teams to diagnose problems without tearing down equipment
The Fluke DS701 and Fluke DS703FC probes are IP68 rated to stand up to the dirtiest, harshest industrial work environments
While videoscopes are commonly used in many applications, industrial inspections require a powerful, high-resolution videoscope that clearly displays the condition of internal equipment components. High-resolution videoscopes allow industrial maintenance teams to quickly identify equipment issues and schedule preventive maintenance measures to avoid costly unplanned shut-downs.
Fluke DS701 Diagnostic Videoscope resolution is 800 x 600 and 1200 x 720 resolution Fluke DS703FC high-resolution version – built for industrial maintenance troubleshooting and quality assurance testing, and designed to stand up to challenges of a rugged environment. Features include:
- High definition probes with dual-view cameras, allowing the videoscope to take images and video either forward or to the side to capture the images in difficult or hard to reach locations
- 7-inch LCD screen for easy viewing
- IP68 rated probe (imager) for protection against dust and water projected from a nozzle
- Engineered to withstand a 2-meter drop
- Up is Up® technology, which rotates the display screen to allow for appropriate image display, regardless of the orientation of the probe location (available with selected probes)
- Macro to micro zoom function
- Adjustable lighting to capture the best image
- Processing speeds that render a smooth, clear, consistent image
- Intuitive user interface with easy-to-navigate button technology
These rugged videoscopes are designed for a variety of industrial applications, such as production (e.g. inspection of bearing surfaces and lubrication; gear helix inspection), aircraft maintenance (e.g. blade inspection; engine hot section contamination), and automotive quality assurance (e.g. testing of casting goods; inspection for cracks, chips, and contamination in HP chambers), and heavy-duty maintenance (e.g. inspection of clogged pipelines; corrosion in rotors and stators).
The Fluke DS703FC offers wireless synching of images directly from videoscope to the Fluke Connect® system, which are then attached to an asset record or work order. Having access to maintenance records simultaneously at the inspection site and from the office or an off-site location enables faster decision making and real-time collaboration between team members. Live images or videos can also be streamed from the Scope to a smartphone or PC.