Technical readss from Comtest
Fluke’s 1664 FC Installation tester with Fluke Connect
Installation testing that protects appliances, wirelessly shares data
Growing concern for public safety and the increasing complexity of today’s fixed electrical installations in domestic, commercial and industrial premises places extra responsibility on electrical test engineers who are charged with verifying conformity to South Africa’s Certificate of Compliance (COC) safety standards.
SA’s Electrical contractors are well versed in the verification requirements of the COC, and that the audit should be carried out in the following sequence:
1. Visual inspection
2. Testing of the following:
- continuity of protective conductors;
- insulation resistance;
- protection by separation of circuits;
- floor and wall resistance;
- automatic disconnection of supply;
- functional performance;
In addition to this the following tests are under consideration:
- electric strength test;
- voltage drop.
The basic requirements for test equipment used in installation testing consists of general requirements for test equipment, specific requirements for combined measuring equipment and the specific requirements for measuring/testing:
- Insulation resistance
- Loop impedance
- Resistance of the earth connection
- Resistance to earth
- RCD performance in TT and TN systems
- Phase sequence
- Insulation monitoring devices for IT systems
The Fluke 1660 Series Multifunction Installation Testers are measuring equipment which fully fulfil the requirements as described above, and the three different models in the series comply with specific parts of this norm. They are specifically designed to carry out the tests specified, and all local standards and regulations in the safest and most efficient way.
FFluke 1660 Series Multifunction Installation Testers with Fluke Connect®, which includes the Fluke 1664 TM Installation Tester - the only installation tester that helps prevent damage to connected appliances during insulation tests, and also allows users to send test results wirelessly via smartphone directly from the field. They are lightweight, and feature a unique ergonomic ‘curved’ form that, when carried by the neck strap, makes operation in the field more comfortable.
- Work safer, protect the installation under test, share results
- The Fluke 1664 FC is the only installation tester that protects connected appliances from damage during insulation tests, and allows users to share test results wirelessly by smartphone with coworkers or customers.
- Insulation PreTest
- The Fluke 1664 FC Installation Tester is also the only tester with patent pending “Insulation PreTest”. If it detects that appliances are connected to the system during test, it will provide a visual and audible warning and stop the insulation test, avoiding potentially serious/costly mistakes and eliminate accidental appliance damage.
- Fluke Connect®, ShareLive™ calling and Fluke Cloud™ storage ShareLive™ video calls
- Users save time by eliminating data entry by wirelessly syncing measurements directly from the Fluke 1664 FCand share with a remote team using Fluke Connect®. Having access to measurements simultaneously at the inspection site and the office allows faster decision making and real time collaboration between team members. Cloud storage allows users to retrieve stored results whether in the office or out in the field, to make urgent decisions in real time. Data can also be imported into Fluke DMS to process and generate certificates.
The Fluke 1664 FC is part of a growing system of connected test Tools* and equipment maintenance software.