Technical readss from Comtest
New 30kW water-cooled programmable power supply
Ametek, supplier of programmable power solutions, has introduced a 30kW water-cooled ASD (Advanced Sorensen Design) Series programmable power supply. The ASD with DaVinci Power™ technology represents the next generation of precision
programmable AC-DC power conversion.
The ASD with its 3U, 30kW water-cooled packaging provides the highest power density available. The ASD is designed for industry leading load transient response with outstanding output ripple and noise. The water-cooling packaging allows for use in environments that normally exclude air-cooled power supplies. The ASD advanced digital architecture, with real-time digital control and Graphical User Interface (GUI), enables many features to better control and monitor the process or application. The
optional advanced features package includes a built-in oscilloscope function for measurement and display of: power, voltage, current, output impedance, output cable impedance and output cable voltage drop. The ASD allows for programming different “fault levels”, enabling detection of output cabling, connections or load problems before they cause critical system problems. The ASD can replace a PLC device by closing the loop on an external parameter such as temperature. The ASD’s Advanced Diagnostics And Maintenance (ADAMsm) feature includes a flight data recorder feature that allows the user to access multiple recorded parameters, such as: voltage, current, power, load impedance, faults and input voltage. This allows the user to easily determine “why” there has been an unexpected outcome.
The advanced digital monitoring and control features combined with industry leading power density and reliability makes the Sorensen ASD the supply of choice for stringent and high value processes and applications.
Advanced features include:
- Precise programming of voltage and current slew rate for sensitive loads.
- Modules within one chassis can be connected to different loads and controlled independently.
- Industrial field bus interface (Modbus-TCP, Modbus-RTU, Ethernet/IP (Industrial Protocol)) enable real-time digital control.
- Built-in energy meter calculates the delivered energy throughout a process or period of time.
- Optional real time clock enables accurate time stamping of events.
- Built in power quality monitoring detects and saves input voltage anomalies, which can be saved for later diagnostic analysis.
- Programmable analog interface scaling facilitates incorporating the ASD to existing systems with minimal effort.
- Load impedance measurement, including rate-of-change calculations, enables load “state of health” monitoring and implementation of system preventive maintenance algorithms
- Programmable filter bandwidth of the output voltage, current and power monitors let the user accommodate their response speed to particular needs.
- Full featured GUI (Graphical User Interface) helps to test and debug the system by communicating with the power supply in real
AMETEK, Inc. – represented locally by The Comtest Group - is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. For further information on their Sorensen 30kW water-cooled ASD (Advanced Sorensen Design) Series programmable power supply, contact Comtest on 011 608 8520 or visit www.comtest.co.za