Technical readss from Comtest
Sonic Industrial Imager
A fast, simple way to detect compressed air, steam, gas and vacuum leaks.
Fluke’s new ii900, a handheld sonic industrial imager that enables maintenance teams to quickly and accurately locate air, steam, gas, and vacuum leaks in compressed air systems. The straightforward, intuitive interface allows technicians to isolate the sound frequency of the leak to filter out background noise. In a matter of hours, the team can inspect the entire plant, even during peak operations.
Using SoundSight™ technology, this industrial imager offers a new way to locate issues using sound. Leak identification is simple, a SoundMap™ is displayed in colour over a visual image of the equipment allowing for fast visual location. With the visual image, it is easy to scan a large area quickly and even possibly identify leaks from a distance.
The Fluke ii900 finds application in the following industries;
- Manufacturing: Aerospace, Automotive, Glass, Machinery, instrumentation and appliances, Plastic and rubber, Mining and mineral processing, and in
- Process Manufacturing: Cement, Chemical processing, Food and beverage, and Pulp, paper and wood.
The ii900 enables users to do more with existing air compressors, for example:
- Delays the capital expense of purchasing an additional compressor
- Ensures proper air pressure to pneumatic equipment
- Lowers energy costs (optimization of compressed air budget)
- Reduces leak detection time
- Improves reliability on the production line
The ii900 makes leak detection part of a typical maintenance routine, for example, the training of a maintenance team is possible in a matter of minutes and provides for the validation of repairs.
Finally, the ii900 is specifically designed for industrial maintenance teams, maintenance leads, plant maintenance managers, and plant operations managers, who rely on compressed air, gas, or vacuum in their routine operations. With minimal training, technicians can begin checking for air leaks as part of their typical maintenance routine. The ii900 means a better, quicker, simpler way to check compressed air leaks, and at the same time conduct gas and vacuum leak identification.