CPD seminar: Earth, Ground & Installation Testing
The initial design of an electrical installation from the local transformer to the user facility is usually done with care and attention to the planned energy usage of the facility. However, with time, the system deteriorates, and the electrical activities and energy usage may change radically or may, in fact, become unstable and dangerous, especially if a fault condition occurs.
This one-day technical seminar will review the technology implemented by the various tests that must be done during the design, installation and commissioning phases of a new electrical system.
The second session will look at what is required to maintain a live system to ensure that it operates efficiently and, most importantly, that should a serious fault occur, the system will absorb the fault energy and keep the system safe.
Tests will be demonstrated on a live installation where possible or alternatively
on a simulated system
Space is limited to 25 people per event
Time: 08h30 to 16h00. Lunch and refreshments will be provided
Presenter: Gerrit Barnard
Dates and venues:
- Johannesburg: Comtest House, 10 Enterprise Close, Linbro Park, 2090
- Port Elizabeth, venue to be confirmed
- Cape Town: Loch Wine Estate, Koeberg Road, 7550, Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa GPS Coordinates: -33.778459° S // 18.640644° E
- Durban: The Riverside Hotel, 10 Kenneth Kaunda Road, Durban North
- Kathu, the venue to be confirmed
Upon attendance of this seminar, you will receive 0,5 CPD Credits (NLA) and/or 1 CPD Credit (ECSA CPD)
Once payment has been received a link will be sent through for registration.