Now there’s one intrinsically safe digital multimeter (DMM) you can use in IIC (gas), in Zone 1 and 2 and IIIC (dust), Zone 21 and 22. Whether you work in petroleum, chemical, or pharmaceutical environments, all the test and troubleshooting power you need is packed into the most rugged intrinsically safe (IS) DMM Fluke has ever built. The Fluke 28 II Ex is also waterproof, dust-proof and drop-proof. You’ll be equipped to handle any situation, inside and outside of hazardous zones, without compromising compliance or measurement performance.
All the measurement functions of our most popular industrial DMMs
One tool equips you with all the testing and troubleshooting power you need wherever you go––inside or outside ATEX zones 1,2,21, or 22. No need to carry different meters for different areas, or worry about crossing through an Ex-required zone with a non-Ex rated instrument.
- 4-1/2 digit mode for precise measurements (20,000 counts)
- True-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurement on nonlinear signals
- Measures up to 1000 V and 10A AC and DC (note that Ex zones require reduced measurements)
- Low pass filter ensures accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable speed motor drives (VSDs)
- Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle to help you diagnose VSDs and switching power supplies
- Resistance, continuity and diode test
- 10,000 μF capacitance range for components and motor caps
- Conductance measurements for high resistance or leakage tests
- Min/Max-Average and Peak capture to record transients and variations automatically
- Relative mode to remove test lead interference on resistance measurements
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Input Alert protects you by chirping and flashing “Lead when leads are plugged into the wrong inputs
Easy to use
Important extras keep you productive all day long in less than optimal conditions.
- Backlit keypad buttons provide extra visibility in poorly lit areas, even when you’re wearing full PPE
- Large display digits and 2-level bright white backlight also increases visibility
- Long battery life – 400 hours typical without backlight (Alkaline)
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
Easy to service in the field
Access to the separate battery compartment makes it easy to change batteries or fuses without jeopardizing instrument calibration.