Fluke SMFT-1000 Pro
Product overview: SMFT-1000 Solar Tools Kit: Fluke Multifunction PV Tester and Performance Analyzer, I-V Curve Tracer
All-in-one test solution to verify PV system performance, safety and expedite client reporting.
Test that PV systems are performing to their optimal power output and operating safely with the Fluke SMFT-1000 multifunction tester with I-V curve tracing. Designed for PV professionals who provide installation, commissioning and maintenance services to systems that operate at 1000 V DC or under, the SMFT-1000 provides a complete PV testing solution that conforms to IEC 62446-1 standards. Through Fluke’s TruTest™ Software, measurement data from solar site installation and commissioning testing can be easily imported, organized and analyzed for effortless reporting without bringing a laptop on-site.
Critical testing features for periodic inspection of PV systems
Full sequence safety testing – IEC 62446-1 Category 1:
- Protective resistance earth (Rpe)
- Voltage on open circuit (Voc)
- Short circuit current (Isc)
- Insulation resistance (Rins)
ROI and system performance testing – IEC 62446-1 Category 2:
- I-V Curve tracing and software analysis with TruTest
- Irradiance, temperature, tilt, cardinal direction
What's in the box:
- Fluke SMFT-1000-BP Professional Tool Backpack
- SMFT-1000 Multifunction PV Analyzer
- Carry Strap
- Fuse Pack
- Adapter Cable IRDA Optical-to-USB
- Zero Adapter
- IRR2-BT Wireless Solar Irradiance Meter Pro
- 80PR-IRR External Temperature Probe
- Mounting Bracket for solar panel
- Carry Case
- i100 AC/DC Current Clamp 100 A
- TPAK Magnet Set
- TP1000 Test Probe with Remote Test Button
- TL1000 Test Lead Set
- TL1000-MC4 Test Lead Set
- TL1000/30M Test Lead on Reel
- Coupler set
Wireless Irradiance Meter: No leads required
To perform precise I-V curve measurements, real time irradiance and temperature data is needed. The included IRR2-BT irradiance meter wirelessly connects to the SMFT-1000 to communicate data in real time, providing the most accurate I-V curve measurements possible. If the wireless connection is interrupted for any reason, the IRR2-BT will continue recording data for up to 17 hours that can later be matched to tests taken with the SMFT-1000.
It’s a hassle to change the configuration of test leads constantly while doing different tests. With Fluke’s “Keep the Leads” system, less time is wasted on set-up, and fewer user errors occur while testing PV systems. Now you can get more testing done in the field in less time
Colour Screen with Integrated Interface: On-screen instructions provide an easy walkthrough of tests
Switch the SMFT-1000 to Auto Test Mode to perform an automatic sequence of tests in a variety of combinations:
- With insulation test or without insulation test
- IEC 62446-1 testing for Category 1 or Category 1 and 2
- IEC 62446-1 testing for Protection Class I or Protection Class II
On-location I-V curve results: compare manufacturer I-V curve data to measured data instantly
While taking an I-V curve reading in the field, the SMFT-1000 will display the curve as it loads in the test data against the module specifications as defined by the manufacturer. This makes it easy to immediately confirm measurements without using a laptop or tablet. Run the I-V curve test on new installations to confirm they are working according to the site specifications or to test if existing modules or strings are working to their expected performance levels.
Record visual inspections, then manage data with TruTest™ Solar Software
To meet PV system IEC regulations for visual inspections, the SMFT-1000 features a convenient setting in which to record observations directly to the memory. Later, the information can be downloaded to the TruTest™ software and incorporated into the project report.
TruTest™ allows for solar asset management, data storage and reporting on a single platform. Whether you analyse panel efficiency through I-V curves or safety testing the system through the Category 1 test regime in conformance with IEC 62446-1, proper data management is critical for producing easy-to-understand client reports. TruTest™ Software allows you to quickly and easily import measurement results directly from your solar multifunction tester to your computer, organize and analyze the data, compare individual asset data against previous measurements imported and provide a comprehensive and visual client report.
- Easily manage measurement data from solar site installation and commissioning testing.
- Quickly create inspections and reports compliant with IEC 62446-1 and other directives.
- I-V curve analysis with easy pass/fail visuals; see changes in I-V curve over multiple site visits
- Compare site data to previous site data to see changes over time
- Download your free 60-day demo version of TruTest™. Purchase a software key to unlock the Lite or Advanced version.